DOMBERGER Group—travel, removel & logistics
experience in tourism, transportion and logistics
the steady development of the traditional Augsburg based furniture mover and travel company since 1897
1897 | 1906 | 1918 | 1935 | 1955 | 1967 | 1986 | 1987 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 2000 | 2003 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2010
- Josef and Maria Domberger establish the company by purchasing a coach and acquiring a riding institute located Auf-dem-Kreuz in Augsburg.
- Purchase of the property Heinrich-von-Buz-Str. 2 in Augsburg, which had been location of management, travel agency and the company’s own garage until the year 2000.
- From the horse-drawn carriage to the first own motor-coach. On weekdays the focus is laid on transportation of goods, on the weekends trucks are converted into buses.
- Change of generations. The company is, now in the second generation led by Carl and Centa Domberger, and the first real coach was purchased.
- The company is being further evolved and developed in the areas of logistics, removals and travel agency by Wolfgang and Ingrid Domberger
- In cooperation with 12 other moving companies “Confern-Möbelspeditionbetriebe” is established.
- Carl Domberger enters the organization and with that the fourth generation. He now manages the divisions logistics and travels.
Outbuilding for the travel agency at the company headquarters at Heinrich-von-Buz-Strasse in Augsburg.
- Opening of the travel agency “CD.Reisebüro Carl Domberger” in Königsbrunn.
- Domberger Lufthansa Airport Bus: Entering line operation after the opening of the new munich aiport.
- Purchase of a 6500m² property; including warehouse and offices in the industrial area of Augsburg-Lechhausen for “Augsburger Möbelspedition Carl Domberger”. The new premises now allow storage in 20-feet steel boxes.
- Opening of “Domberger Lufthansa City Center” in the middle of Augsburg and cooperation with Lufthansa City Center GmbH. The path for „Domberger – Die ganze Welt des Reisens“ is paved. Today, in addition to the own bus and flight tour operating, and company travel services, the offers include all programs of every big German tour operator.
- Acquisition of “Domberger Möbelspedition Josef Domberger”, which for two generations up to then had been operating as competitor. Focus at “confern-Möbelspedition Carl Domberger” is now laid on removals and storage, whilst “Josef Domberger Logistics” now is concentrated on logistics.
- The property Heinrich-von-Buz-Straße is sold and one at Stuttgarter Straße 12 in Augsburg-Oberhausen is purchased. Conversion of the newly purchased building and removal of divisions travels, removals and logistics now united under one roof.
- Establishment of “RED Touristik GmbH” in cooperation with coach-enterprise-colleagues Reim and Efinger.
- “Josef Domberger Logistics” adopts handling of “white” and “brown” goods of two B2C mail order companies, in addition to the already existing capacities.
- “Augsburger Möbelspedition Carl Domberger” receives permission to act as supplier for temporary workers. Regarding this, doors are opened up to new business areas.
- With the award of the contract of a logistics company the area of B2C two-man-handling of “Josef Domberger Logistics” is expanded for B2C 2 man handled goods.
- Airlines invest in the new A380, Domberger invests in the by now largest 78 seats four-stars double-decker coach of its fleet.
- Entering renewable energy production with starting to operate a photovoltaic facility on the top of the company’s roof.